The trends in the constructions of houses keep on changing. Recently the modular homes have been very popular. These houses are made easily by putting the fittings in place. These fittings are prepared away from the site and brought to the site and fitted in appropriate places. These provide many customized services like flooring, cupboards, tiling, etc.
Various guidelines are to be followed while constructing modular homes. Modular homes manufacturers need to follow these rules to ensure that these fit properly.
Benefits of having a modular home-
- Reduces total construction time: The total time taken to construct a house reduces when one goes for a modular type of construction. The fittings are already prepared, and these fittings just need to be placed at the right places. This reduces construction time by 35 percent.
- Avoid delays: The delays caused due to weather in on-site construction are avoided by modular fittings. It no longer depends upon the weather since they are prepared away from the site, and fittings don’t need dependence on weather.
- Saves cost: The amount of money that is spent on giving wages to workers to work on-site is reduced by getting ready-made fittings. Thus, the amount of time that the workers spend on the site is considerably reduced, and the cost gets reduced.
- Strong structure: The modular homes are more durable and long-lasting than traditional homes. These not only suit the customized design requirements and also withstand transportation loads.
- Higher quality: The quality of modular homes is more than traditionally built houses. It keeps in mind the details. It gives a lot of attention to detailing and ensures that the quality is topmost. Thus, higher quality is one of the characteristic features of modular homes.
- Acoustics: In traditionally built homes, the sound gets easily transferred through the walls. But in cases of modular homes, the fittings are intact and tight, which do not allow the noise to go through the walls.
- Lower risk of damage: These houses are secured, and hence any loss due to theft or fire is secured before only. Modular houses are adequately secured and thus, reduces the risk of damage in the future.
Prefab structures are also becoming increasingly popular. These houses are constructed off-site. Their quality is quite inferior, and one can easily differentiate them from the other houses. However, these houses come with many advantages.
- These can be built-in within weeks whereas traditional houses require months to build. Thus, they help in saving a lot of time.
- They can be constructed within the budget. Their cost is predetermined in advance and thus, helps in keeping a check on the fact that the cost doesn’t exceed the budget.
Such styles and trends have simplified making houses. Long waiting time and tedious processes are now being replaced with simple, modern, and quicker processes. There is a lot of customization available in the market that helps people in building their dream houses according to their wishes and desires. Thus, this trend has benefitted people a lot.